From the Helena Hamfest folks:
I am writing to personally invite you to the next Central Alabama
Hamfest, The Helena Hamfest, Which is scheduled for Saturday, October
10, 2015 from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM. We would like to see you and your
friends (Club members) at the Helena Hamfest. Please forward this
message to your Club members and announce the hamfest on your local
nets, at your club meetings and on the air qso’s.
Why should you come to the Helena Hamfest?
– Admission is only $5.00.
– We have over $1,600.00 in prizes to be given away. Prize tickets
will only cost $0.50 each if you purchase $20.00 or more. The top prize
is an Elecraft KX-3 transceiver which has a built-in auto-tuner; it
works 6 meters through 80 Meters and all ham bands in between. Hourly
prizes at 10 AM, 11 AM, 12 Noon, and 1 PM will be an 800 watt portable
generator; excellent for a serious go-kit or a day of operation in the
Park. A total of FOUR of these generators will be given away.
– This year, as in previous years, MFJ will bring a big truck load of
goodies from their factory. We expect to have several MFJ vendors also
attending the Hamfest. The vendors will have access to almost
everything MFJ makes.
– The event is sponsored by the City of Helena and The Shelby County
ARC. The event is located in an outdoor Amphitheater. Check it out
– Although the Helena Hamfest is fundamentally a tail-gate event, and,
we have invited many vendors who plan to attend.
– We expect to have many tail gate vehicles. Please note that the best
parking spaces are reserved for the tail gate vehicles.
– The Amphitheater is located beside Buck Creek in downtown Old Town
Helena, AL – just 18 miles South of Birmingham.
– The Amphitheater has over 100 Vendor areas each with a 120-Volt
– This is a family event. A big Kiddy Playground is located in the
middle of the park.
– This Hamfest is supported and sanctioned by the ARRL
– Additional details can be found at www.helenahamfest.com.